Thursday
Apr 17th
Home Life and Style Ethical Conundrums FREEDOM OF SPEECH - TOO VALUABLE TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT

FREEDOM OF SPEECH - TOO VALUABLE TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT

OK, so I've got a cartoon of Mohammed with a bomb in his turban. It also has written on it the instructions on how to make this bomb, and where to acquire the ingredients for the bomb.

I'm sure everyone will rally round and protect our right to publish this illustration!
Won't they?

misha said:

I have a cartoon of Mohammed chilling out at an oasis sipping a vodka spritzer! I also have one of Jesus humping Mary, doggy-style! Any takers?
February 06, 2006

Anonymous said:

“One sticks one’s finger into the soil to tell what land one’s in; I stick my finger into existence – it smells of nothing. Where am I? Who am I? How did I come to be here? What is this thing called the world? What does the word mean? Who is it that has lured me into the thing, and now leaves me there? How did I come into the world? Why was I not consulted? And if I am compelled to take part in it, where is the director? I would like to see him.” - Soren Kierkegaard
February 07, 2006

Anonymous said:

I thought Ali was into promoting world peace now?
February 07, 2006

Anonymous said:

Human fools. You babble incoherently either for or against your piss-ant gods.

Nothing you do is of your own free will.

There is no free will.

Your life is the fetid air from my arse.

Your death mine to give whenever I fucking feel like it.

Cthulu
February 07, 2006

Chato said:

Humans are mad, bad, little robots.
February 08, 2006

Mr_Jupiter said:

Permit me to quote from Richard Neville's excellent piece in this today's Sydney Morning Herald: "All religion is superstition, so, by definition, its core claims are open to doubt and a bit of a laugh". Only raving lunatics would threaten violence and death for so-called "blasphemy".
February 08, 2006

Anonymous said:

I wanted to fucking start shooting people and burning buildings when I heard that they were making a film about Johnny Cash ten minutes after he left the building. Fucking gall. No shame.

Slim
February 08, 2006

Chato said:

We have no shortage of raving lunatics.

I guess you've noticed...

February 08, 2006

Anonymous said:

Well come on. Let's see this cartoon.

Abdul

Lakeemba
February 08, 2006

agitprop said:

Come on Xenox News! How come you haven't published those fucken cartoons yet? Are we gunna be dictated to by religious maniacs or what!
February 08, 2006

Anonymous said:

Umm.

I think they are all hypothetical. Maybe you can draw some and send them in!

XenoxNewsStaffer
February 08, 2006

Anonymous said:

Mohamed
February 09, 2006

Anonymous said:

Drawn at an intimate sitting perhaps?
February 09, 2006

Max said:

These (admittedly orchestrated in places) riots are not just in reaction to a few mundane cartoons. This is about the history of "Western" interference in the Middle East, and elsewhere... If I were Bush (and thank "fing Christ I'm not) I'd get the hell out of Iraq while I still had an army!
February 10, 2006

Xenox Tweets

• Gross_163

" ‘El-Arab? Toz fi el-Arab!’ (‘The Arabs? To hell with the Arabs!’) "
Saif al-Islam Gaddaf,i 2011